We prefer to receive your initial enquiry by e-mail as it then allows us to do some research regarding your request - however if you are averse to electronic mail then we can be contacted by telephone or Skype.
Purely Maldives Ltd
24 Baddesley Close, North Baddesley
Hampshire SO52 9DR
The Island Hideaway at Dhonakulhi Maldives, Spa Resort & Marina is a new luxury boutique resort situated on the privately-owned uninhabited virgin island of Dhonakulhi, North Maldives, Indian Ocean. The resort was opened on 1st August 2005 with 6 types of spectacular guest villas. Read Our Opinion
The marina is the first of its kind in the Maldives. The Island is a haven of peace, tranquillity and serenity. The Island Hideaway is one of the very few resorts (currently 3) in the Haa Alifu Atoll.
Guests are whisked to The Island Hideaway in the North of the Maldives by a 45-minute scenic photo-flight from the international airport at Malé, the capital city, to Hanimaadhoo (Domestic) Airport followed by an exhilarating 20 minute speedboat hop to Dhonakulhi Island.
Dhonakulhi is a physically large crescent-shaped island with a beach length of some 1.4 kilometres on each side, a width of 500 metres and land area of 234,000 m² – equivalent to 28 football pitches.
The crystal clear turquoise waters of the shallow waist-deep lagoon surrounding the Island stretch as far as the eye can see. The Island is unique in its reef formation, the reef system it sits on having a natural channel splitting it in two distinct parts, and thereby forming a natural harbour for the marina.
In addition to coconut trees, banana trees and lush vegetation, the Island is covered by uniquely rich dense bushy vegetation. Nature and luxury blend harmoniously together at The Island Hideaway. The entire Island and lagoon is the exclusive and private domain of the guests.
The guest villa complexes are some of the largest of any resort in the Maldives. These majestic chalets are tucked into the lush greenery and scattered along the beach-line some 30 metres apart from one another, providing the ultimate in privacy.
All of the Island’s villas boast breathtaking panoramic views over the beautiful turquoise lagoon and Indian Ocean. The designs of the furniture, fixtures and fittings are a rustic celebration of nature, and custom-made hand-finished natural materials have been used throughout. At the same time, however, guests can indulge all their senses in the magic of this Maldivian Island and enjoy every exclusive luxury which sophisticated globetrotters have come to expect.
Despite the extensive facilities and services at The Island Hideaway, barely 5% of the Island and lagoon have been utilised, thereby leaving 95% in its original state, untouched by the hand of man.
Designed as an intimate, luxurious resort, with exceptional levels of attention to detail, the resort is a rustic celebration of nature, with custom-made, hand-finished natural materials used throughout. A stay in these havens of peace and serenity will leave you fresh, revitalised and rejuvenated!
A fine balance between Luxury, Privacy and Nature – very unique in the Maldives.
Please add $445/£297 to the above figures for your Domestic Plane transfer per person.
Please add $650/£433 to the above figures for your Seaplane transfer per person.
Hideaway Palace Promotion
Guests staying in the Hideaway Palace between 11 June and 30 September 2015 will have access to special rates (4 night minimum), please contact us for your bespoke quotation.
A secluded island paradise where your every need is catered for
Atmosphere: A small number of rooms on the island means that there is a tranquil, peaceful atmosphere where both couples and families alike are well catered for. Natural, earthy decor gives this place a real traditional island feel.
Rooms: The rooms are pleasantly decorated - rustic with thatched roofs. Each room is assigned a butler who supplies you with personal service for the duration of your stay. The main difference between the different room types is the size.
Dining: Well varied and the chefs are very accommodating
Activities: Complimentary non-motorised watersports mean there is something for everyone and good snorkelling can be experienced on one side of the island. The beaches are unspoilt and surround almost the entire island.